Monday 26 May 2014

Introduction

As a long time reader and commentator of blogs on things that interest me I thought it was about time I get down to writing one myself, and making a place where I can share my views on things with others.
I can't promise it'll be polished at first, but I can promise it'll always be honest. You'll know exactly what I think of things. I wear my heart and opinions on my sleeve, and don't apologise for any of it. As a wise man once told me it's a hell of a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

It'll have a kiwi focus on the things I care about, and some I don't, but that grab my interest, or just I find funny. Some may be universal world wide,others uniquely kiwi in application.
So if you're from outside New Zealand and have stumbled across this, then welcome. Feel free to read and comment. Us kiwis are known for our welcoming laid back culture. But don't be surprised if some of what I say doesn't make sense to you.

As the descriptior at the top of the blog says it'll mainly be a blog about politics,  mainly NZ, but also around the world where I think I have something worthwhile to say. Economic issues,  again with a NZ focus, but also putting my take on some of the economic issues of the day. Human Resources in New Zealand,  and my take on things that come across my desk and screen on a regular basis. Plus the odd bit of sport, cars, bikes, and lifestyle topics.

All will be from my view unless titled as a guest post. And with this comes my view that everything is basically political, and we live in our own little bubbles that shape how we interact with the world.

About me. Well I'm Kiwi guy in my 30's in New Zealands North Island, but originally from the lower part of the South Island.  I'm university educated, not that that nessacrily makes me any smarter than anyone else. I've had an interest in politics from a young age, that became more prominent while at university,  when I realised others listened to what I had to say sometimes. This developed into studying Politics at university to understand it a bit deeper. I'm right of centre on most issues,  but also pragmatic. A good argument is a good idea no matter where it comes from and will win out over playing the man every time. Voters are smarter than politicians give them credit, most of the time.
I dealt with mental health issues while at university,  which has helped shape me into who I am. Not define who I am.
My main area of expertise is Human Resources (HR) which I will comment on regularly from a practitioner's point of view.

I hope you'll enjoy reading the blog and giving me your feedback. I don't suffer fools gladly though, so political topics may have comments moderated if they get out of hand in personal attacks, or become party political statements without engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment